[RFC] Strange #include scheme in profile mode

Paolo Carlini paolo.carlini@oracle.com
Thu Jun 24 09:54:00 GMT 2010

Hi all, hi Silvius,

I'm seeing, repeatedly, this weird pattern, unique to profile-mode:

#ifdef __GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX0X__
#include <cxxx>
#else
#include <xxx.h>
#endif

which I don't understand at all: certainly, the <cxxx> headers are not
new in C++0x... Can you explain? I'm pretty sure that special dance can
be cleaned up. By the way, I'm also seeing uses of the non-standard
strdup, which can be certainly replaced by dynamic memory allocation and
copy in a small helper, let's stay away from non-standard C functions,
if at all possible...

Thanks,