python pretty print gdb script error on map

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 08:30:00 GMT 2010


On 18 June 2010 09:01, asmwarrior wrote:
> Hi, all. I have found that the python pretty print script failed to print
> the map values. Here is the sample code:
> Here is the gdb log: (I'm using TDM-MinGW 4.5, gdb cvs 0613 selfbuild with
> python support, python 2.6.5 Windows XP)
>
> I use the py script followed from this wiki
> http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/STLSupport

Does MinGW not come with the libstdc++ printers.py script?  It is
included in GCC 4.5 and might be a more recent version than on the GDB
website.

Your program displays fine for me with GCC 4.6 and GDB 7.1

> By the way, I have found when I used python pretty printer to show the local
> variables, there are some problems. Sometimes, gdb command "info local"
> shows some variables that are not initialized, then gdb will get crashed,
> because python script will resolve the wrong address when a variable is not
> initialized. Is there any way to solve this.

That's a GDB issue, there's nothing GCC can do about that.



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list