libstdc++, generic locale configuration, and c++0x

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 23:55:00 GMT 2010

On 6 June 2010 19:31, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> (Shouldn't this be on the libstdc++ list?)

Moved, see http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2010-06/msg00254.html for the
original thread.

> On 6 June 2010 19:02, Doug Semler wrote:
>>
>> So...would you consider this a bug in the documentation, or a bug in
>> the library?
>
> I would say the docs, and only partly because it's easier to fix ;-)

Actually, it's not so hard to fix the code, I have a prototype patch
using a mutex lock around changes to the global locale, but it's
likely to seriously affect performance in multithreaded programs.