manual patch

François Dumont francois.cppdevs@free.fr
Wed Jan 20 09:15:00 GMT 2010

Hi

    As I plan to work a little bit on the libstdc++ project I first read
the manual. There are some typo in it so here is the patch. The only
noticeable modifications are:
- bitset.html: I remove a 'recent' word that is not in sync with the
1999 year of the referenced article
- associative.html: The doc was talking about an associative container
entry at end(), there is no entry 'at' end() so I replace with 'before'
end()
- locales.html: I only fix a useless 'is' word but IMO the German
reference could be remove too, numpunct gives the thousand separator for
any locale not only the German one.
- bk01pt08ch19.html: The answer to the question about the overhead of
vector iterator not being pointer is simply 'Very little'. I was rather
frustrated by such an answer. Very little is not none so the answer
should contain what this very little is. I added 'limited to compilation
process', am I right ? We could even add that there is no runtime
overhead to be very clear as it is what users might be afraid of.

    I haven't done a ChangeLog entry, does this patch deserve one ?

Bests