[v3] Don't create unlinkable 64-bit libtestc++.a on IRIX 6

Rainer Orth ro@CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Mon Dec 6 17:19:00 GMT 2010

"Joseph S. Myers" <joseph@codesourcery.com> writes:

>> About "remote_file build delete" let's ask Joseph, I think he did most
>> of the work on remote testing (and I'm also curious because the issue
>> came up another time lately and I want to be sure we are not breaking
>> anything).
>
> It's possible that in some cases you need to do
>
>         if [is_remote host] {
>             # Ensure the host knows the file is gone by deleting there
>             # first.
>             remote_file host delete $output_file
>         }
>         remote_file build delete $output_file
>
> as in gcc-dg.exp.

On the other hand, there are many unadorned invocations of remote_file
build delete in gcc/testsuite/lib.  Do you have an idea when the above
construct might be necessary?  It would be really helpful to have a
library of Tcl procs for use all over the Dejagnu testsuites in GCC.

Thanks.
	Rainer