[v3] Update libstdc++ baseline on Solaris 2

Rainer Orth ro@CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Wed Dec 1 14:12:00 GMT 2010

Paolo Carlini <paolo.carlini@oracle.com> writes:

> I agree, I only analyzed that specific circumstance. I think we are all
> interested in improving the current status, in particular if easy enough
> to maintain.

Maybe we can adopt the tool Sun is using to ensure no
involuntary/incompatible changes to their shared libraries?  They can be
found in

http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/tools/script/

check_rtime.pl, find_elf.pl, interface_check.pl, interface_cmp.pl,
onbld_elfmod.pm, onbld_elfmod_vertype.pm

together with the corresponding man pages.  They don't have support for
C++ demaningling right now, but that could certainly be added.  I always
meant to use them regularly for the other versioned GCC runtime libs,
which have nothing like abi_check right now, but haven't gotten around
to that so far.

	Rainer