[patch] Fix PR python/10646. Add libstdc++ Python pretty-printers for -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG cases.

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 20:45:00 GMT 2009

>> 2009-09-30  Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon@redhat.com>
>> * python/libstdcxx/v6/printers.py (StdListPrinter):
[...]

Benjamin> Seems fine to me. Thanks for doing this.

I checked it in.

Benjamin> Is there any chance we can get some additions about using the
Benjamin> python pretty-printers in the docs? I'm thinking on the main
Benjamin> debug page (see debug.gdb in file doc/xml/manual/debug.xml),
Benjamin> in the gdb section? I would also like to see some mention of
Benjamin> this on the gcc-4.5/changes.html page, in the libstdc++
Benjamin> section.

Good idea, one of us will do this.

Benjamin> When I look at this silky smooth output, my eyes wander to the tuple
Benjamin> representation and think that perhaps there is room for improvement.

Yeah... I didn't write tuple printers, since I thought the default ones
would be ok -- but I see I was wrong about that :)

Tom