libstdc++ testsuite on cygwin. Please help me fix the -liconv problem (PR36211)

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Thu May 14 18:05:00 GMT 2009

> All we need to do is reordering the command line and place -liconv
> after unicode.cc.

Which is correct on linux too....

> I have spent some time looking at the testsuite files.  LIBICONV is
> defined in "scripts/testsuite_flags --cxxldflags", and this is used
> to define cxxldflags in libstdc++.exp(libstdc++_init).
>
> Then, in libstdc++.exp(v3_target_compile), cxxldflags is appended to
> cxx_final - the command used to compile the test.  This is not
> correct, as it places -liconv before the source files.  The following
> patch does the right thing on cygwin, but I am not sure if it is the
> best way.  (I got lost in the twisty maze of *.exp files.)

Nice analysis. Indeed you are patching the correct place.

> 2009-04-14  David Billinghurst <billingd@gcc.gnu.org>
>
> 	* testsuite/lib/libstdc++.exp(v3_target_compile):  Add
> cxxldflags to additional_flags rather than cxx_final.

OK for trunk, and after a week with clean test results elsewhere,
gcc-4_4-branch.

Thanks for working on cleaning up cygwin testresults. Glad to see this
effort being made.

best,
benjamin