undefined symbol: _ZNSo9_M_insertIdEERSoT_. How can I troubleshoot this ?

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 14:05:00 GMT 2009

2009/6/21 gregthom:

> Greetings
>
> I am working on  a mandriva box and I have just compiled a shared lib but
> when I tried to load it and use it,
> I get this message : undefined symbol: _ZNSo9_M_insertIdEERSoT_. How can I
> troubleshoot this ?

Try running ldd on your shared lib.  Ensure the dynamic linker knows
how to find the GCC runtime libraries, either via $LD_LIBRARY_PATH in
the environment or an RPATH in the library.

> I know this symbol is part of GCC,

Yes,

$ echo _ZNSo9_M_insertIdEERSoT_ | c++filt
std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&