Problem building libstdc++

Dave Nadler Dave.Nadler@nadler.com
Mon Jan 26 17:36:00 GMT 2009

On Mon, January 26, 2009 11:24 am, Paolo Carlini wrote:
 > Out of curiosity, why are you using 3.4.4, which is *very* old and not
 > supported anymore, instead of something current, say 4.3.3?
 > Paolo.

Hi Paolo - It is certainly not my first choice.
I'm trying to do this because:

I purchased a "modern, supported" version from a
"reputable vendor" and it does not work (actually
the compiler/library may be OK but it cannot load
and execute on the target because of other tool
problems).

The 3.4.4 toolchain was modified by the chip vendor,
and the other tools (loader etc) rely on both their
modifications and the older version of ELF. It's
"C only" as shipped and I need C++.

If I can add the C++ std lib to the older patched
toolchain I can get through the very ugly morass...

Thanks in advance for any help,
Best Regards, Dave

--
Dave Nadler, USA East Coast voice (978) 263-0097, drn@nadler.com