c++0x: libraries and features

Ed Smith-Rowland 3dw4rd@verizon.net
Wed Jan 21 13:23:00 GMT 2009

Germán Diago wrote:
> Hello. When is gcc 4.4 scheduled for release? I would like to know
> which are the new libraries for c++0x that are being shipped.
> Is the threads one ready? I also would like to know the support for
> lambdas and concepts.
> I know there is a branch for lambdas, but when is it going to be
> integrated. For now, for what I know these are roughly the libraries and
> features:
>
> Library:
>
> All the tr1 libraries but regular expressions.
> Threads library?
>
> Language:
>
> initializer lists
> auto keyword
> defaulted and deleted functions.
> inline namespaces
> extern template
> decltype
> new function syntax
> variadic templates
> rvalue references (move semantics)
> static assert
> strongly-typed enums
>
> And I would also like to know if lambdas are going into gcc 4.4. And
> for when we'll
> have some (I know it's a huge extension) concepts support.
> Thanks for your time.

Check out
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/bk01pt01ch01.html#manual.intro.status.standard.200x
for library status and http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/cxx0x_status.html for
core language status.

Although I know we have initializer lists, auto keyword, and a lot of
other things.  In other words, I think the language status is better
than it looks on the website.  I know lambdas and concepts aren't in 4.4
which is feature complete now.

Ed