[v3] libstdc++/32666

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Thu Jan 15 05:46:00 GMT 2009

Complete removal of libmath subdirectory. Created in 2000 to deal with
math portability issues and has been reduced by attrition to loosing
versions of __signbit and copysignf. In 2002, it looks like there was
speculation that these functions were in fact unused: I see no use of
them presently after a full audit. So, out with the old.

Then the update for the hppa-linux baseline_symbols.txt file is pretty
straightforward, some tweaks to compatibility.cc for the
previously-exported math functions.

While doing this, I see that of the three remaining configure functions
that deal with math functions:

GLIBCXX_CHECK_MATH_SUPPORT
GLIBCXX_ENABLE_C99 (for _GLIBCXX_USE_C99_MATH)
GLIBCXX_ENABLE_TR1 (for _GLIBCXX_USE_C99_MATH_TR1)

Only the first AC_DEFINES the math functions explicitly. This is a
remnant from simpler days, as most of these defines are not actually
used and suggest an area for possible clean ups. (start with removal of
GLIBCXX_MAYBE_UNDERSCORED_FUNCS($1)).

Waiting on some test results.

-benjamin

tested x86_64/linux