Is this another "C locale not expected to be UTF8" testsuite problem?

Sun Dec 13 21:01:00 GMT 2009

Paolo Carlini wrote:
>  My guess at the moment
> would be simply that the testcases in this area should be made more
> flexible vs non-GNU systems, I don't think there is anything to fix in
> do_max_length per se (modulo issues with stateful encodings, unrelated,
> I think).

  TYVM Paolo, that's fairly clear.  I guess a simple fix might be getting all
the testcases to explicitly set C.ASCII locale, the programmatic equivalent to
what I recently did to the LC_ALL/LANG settings in the testsuite.exp files.
I'll go take a look at how best to implement it.

    cheers,
      DaveK