[ping2] Re: [ping] Re: [patch] PR40134, use a linker script on arm-linux to link with -lgcc_s -lgcc

Paolo Carlini paolo.carlini@oracle.com
Fri Dec 11 09:58:00 GMT 2009

On 12/11/2009 05:19 AM, Matthias Klose wrote:
> the attached patch enables the link tests on linux, kfreebsd, and hurd
> targets. checked with the (Debian) kfreebsd and hurd maintainers that
> this is the right thing to do (although there doesn't exist an active
> port of these on arm or hppa. tested on i486-linux-gnu,
> arm-linux-gnueabi and hppa-linux-gnu. ok for the trunk?
First, thanks Matthias for your patience on this issue.

The patch looks very nice to me, just wait one day or so for comments
and then go ahead, patch is approved for mainline.

If you want, I would suggest adding a one-line comment in the code, say,
after " # Do link tests if possible, instead asm tests, limited to some
platforms", mentioning the PRs, these thorny issues about libgcc...

Thanks again,