[ping2] Re: [ping] Re: [patch] PR40134, use a linker script on arm-linux to link with -lgcc_s -lgcc

Matthias Klose doko@ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 11 04:20:00 GMT 2009

On 09.12.2009 11:50, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> On 12/09/2009 11:42 AM, Matthias Klose wrote:
>> would a patch acceptable to run these link tests on linux only?
>
> Sure. If you can cook up something (e.g, a version of the configure code
> I wrote at the time) running only where it's safe to run it (I think
> linux targets are all safe), fine with me!

the attached patch enables the link tests on linux, kfreebsd, and hurd targets.
checked with the (Debian) kfreebsd and hurd maintainers that this is the right
thing to do (although there doesn't exist an active port of these on arm or
hppa. tested on i486-linux-gnu, arm-linux-gnueabi and hppa-linux-gnu. ok for the
trunk?

   Matthias