C++-0x ios_base::failure and error overloads.

Ed Smith-Rowland 3dw4rd@verizon.net
Fri Aug 28 13:56:00 GMT 2009

Greetings,

Apologies if this message finds it's way to the list a second time -
mail glitch.

This patch has been in my tree being compiled and regtested on
x86_64-unknown-linux for a while.

This patch is presented for discussion because it moves the regular old
ios_base::failure from the .cc to inline to prevent multiple definitions
with the 0x version.  In C++-0x ios_base::failure derives from system_error.

It also needs test cases.

Finally, we should figure out how to populate these exceptions with good
indicators of what the error was.

Ed