random

Paolo Carlini paolo.carlini@oracle.com
Thu Apr 2 22:49:00 GMT 2009

Hi,
>> Here is my latest patch for random.
>>
>> It is very much like the last patch that was put up except:
>>
>> 1. Corrected template arg checks for mersenne_twister
>> 2. An initializer_list ctor for seed_seq and a testsuite case
>> 3. C++ style static casts in a few places
>>
> OK. Attached is a patch that fixes some issues, detailed below, and
> gives me clean testresults on x86_64/linux. The issues are not serious
> and I anticipate the cleanups will happen quickly after this goes in.

In the meanwhile, I noticed a few minor things, probably you have
already those corrected in your working copy... Anyway: few overlong
lines at the beginning of bits/random.h; some copyright dates wrong
(i.e., new files having 2007, 2008 too); pointless - now that the two
implementations are completely separate - _GLIBCXX_INCLUDE_AS_TR1 /
_GLIBCXX_INCLUDE_AS_CXX dances; likely unnecessary inclusion of the huge
<iostream> vs <iosfwd> in bits/random.tcc.

Thanks!