FAIL: tr1/8_c_compatibility/cinttypes/functions.cc (test for excess errors)

Paolo Carlini paolo.carlini@oracle.com
Sun Sep 7 16:15:00 GMT 2008

Hi,
> What surprises me is that this code is the following snippet
>
>   #ifdef _GLIBCXX_USE_WCHAR_T
>   ret = std::tr1::wcstoimax(ws, wendptr, base);
>   uret = std::tr1::wcstoumax(ws, wendptr, base);
>   #endif
>
> and the FreeBSD system in questions definitely does not have glibc
> installed.  Is some configure check going awry here, or is the macro
> just not named correctly?

It's just the macro for generic wchar_t support, it's *very* old and
unrelated to glibc.

Anyway, I think it's just matter of a missing configure-time check for
those two specific C99 wchar_t functions, the below adds it, I'm going
to commit it to mainline.

Paolo.