*begin() and *end() methods on c++0x containers

Rodolfo Lima rodolfo@rodsoft.org
Wed May 21 15:13:00 GMT 2008


PAOLO.CARLINI@ORACLE.COM escreveu:
> I agree, in general. Certainly you also understand that *someone* has to allocate time for that, isn't always trivial. By the way, we are, as always, looking for contributors, thus, if you feel like that, just let us know...

Ok, I'd like to help where possible. I've been involved in open source 
for some time now and I now that it's a volunteer work. I tend to write 
patches for bugs I find only when I'm acquainted with the source code. 
When I don't, I usually report those issues upstream to let them know. I 
think that bug reporting is just as important as bug correction, as one 
leads to the other.

In my previous messages I was not demanding for fixes, I was reporting 
them. I've noticed the problem with std::set and I've decided to look 
for other places where the iterator accessors could be wrong or missing, 
therefore *allocating* my time to help improve gcc, that's what I could 
do at this moment. Once again, sorry if my words got misunderstood.

Regards,
Rodolfo Lima.



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list