make check-target, multilibs and RUNTESTFLAGS=

IainS developer@sandoe-acoustics.co.uk
Thu Jun 12 12:11:00 GMT 2008

hi,

when make check-target is run from the gcc build root directory with
differing runtestflags for say -m32 -m64

the makefile (obviously) doesn't recognize that the RUNTESTFLAGS
imply an m64 multilib variant.

this means that with the following layout

build-dir  (HERE)

       target-vendor-os

            libstdc++-v3

                    testsuite     (A)

            m64-variant

                    libstdc++-v3

                         testsuite    (B)

make check-target (or make check) issued in (HERE) is always invoked
in (A) and (B) is never touched.

I guess this would mean that RUNTESTFLAGS="--target_board=unix{-m32,-
m64}"   would give misleading results.

-----

Is this a problem with my usage of the check  ?

... or does the makefile really need a specific target for the m64
case ?

ttfn,
Iain