[patch-rfc] N2179: Exception Propagation in C++

Paolo Carlini paolo.carlini@oracle.com
Wed Aug 13 22:28:00 GMT 2008


Hi,

> I can make it an int, but this may cause an ambiguity in the
> ABI description for 64-bit targets. Can I rely on the structure
> padding rules in the ABI to ensure cross-compiler compatibility, or
> do I need to pad this manually? And if I do, how do I best do this?

To be clear, an _Atomic_word, like in the attached which I quickly hacked, untested (if you can, please double check the reference counting for off-by-one errors, thanks in advance).

Mark, can you help here? I mean I don't have an answer for the ambiguity issue.

> Apparently these functions aren't actually implemented by GCC's
> library, which is confusing.

Yes, it is. Just browse the archives for that issue + Paolo Carlini as keywords ;) But seriously, as I learned very quickly in the past, in this kind of free software project you don't have the right to complain: if you want something just do it yourself or find someone else volunteering or working on it as a paid job.

Paolo.
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: p.txt
URL: <http://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/libstdc++/attachments/20080813/97dc3d60/attachment.txt>


More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list