[patch-rfc] N2179: Exception Propagation in C++

Paolo Carlini paolo.carlini@oracle.com
Wed Aug 13 17:03:00 GMT 2008

Hi,

> Updated, compiled, tested, rediffed.

Excellent, many thanks.

Before finally applying the patch, I'd like to ask you a final courtesy: I tried to catch up with the discussion which took place on the cxx-abi mailing list, and, as I feared, it quickly becomes rather technical... Could you please summarize the abi compatibility features of the current implementation? Essentially, I just want to make sure that binaries built vs the old library (headers) still works fine when relinked vs the new library .so. Also, that old binaries and binaries built with the new library and not using the new features can interoperate when linked to the new .so.

Thanks,