[v3] annex D 8 and 9 for C++0x

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr@cs.tamu.edu
Sat Oct 27 13:16:00 GMT 2007

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007, skaller wrote:

| > The reason I ask is that a lot
| > of long-lived code tries to support being compiled by many compilers,
| > and I would like to argue in advance that making people keep changing
| > the code is a bad idea.
|
| No one is *making* people use non-standardised features.

However, arguments have been made earlier that we should be trying to
actively engage and/or harmonize ISO C++ with the rest of the rest of
the world.

I think that is a good goal. I just do no think that pushing people to
constantly change working codes is achieving that.  I would like to
see LWG harmonized with the rest of the world in lifting the
filesystem library from TR2 to the actual C++0x standard -- that would
really be useful.

[...]

| Is there some reason gcc can't continue to support BOTH tr1 AND
| std versions?

you're no longer making the `burden' arguments? :-)

-- Gaby