[Patch / RFA] Use builtins for the classification macros

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Mon Nov 26 17:06:00 GMT 2007

Richard Guenther wrote:
> It seems to be more tricky -- in fact it looks like a C++ frontend
> issue (and happens with all variable args aka type-generic builtins).

I see, but I could not reproduce with some of them, like isfinite.
> But I don't know for sure which part of GCC should do type verification
> here (they all have the 'type generic' attribute set on them) -- atm
> they all expect a single REAL_TYPE argument.  So, for the testcase
> we get:
>
> 244       if (TREE_CODE (exp) == WITH_SIZE_EXPR)
> 245         size = TREE_OPERAND (exp, 1);
> 246       else
> 247         {
> 248           size = lang_hooks.expr_size (exp);
> 249           gcc_assert (size);
>
> zero for size from the langhook ;)

Yes, I also saw that in the debugger... Anyway, as far as libstdc++-v3
is concerned, we are not going to feed anything else but float, double,
long double, as fixing 25913 requires...