backwards headers vs. C++0x

Howard Hinnant hhinnant@apple.com
Mon Mar 5 17:43:00 GMT 2007


On Mar 3, 2007, at 12:52 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:

> Hi Benjamin,
>
>> Gaby seems to prefer that we keep most of them. I think this is what
>> Howard prefers as well. Do I have this about right?
>
> In general, I'm with you on this. Well, you know that already. But  
> I should add I don't have a very strong opinion.
>
> As a matter of clarification, I think Howard said that the *C* *.h   
> headers could well become undeprecated (the headers listed in Table  
> 100, to be clear), whereas here we are talking about *C++* *.h  
> headers, like iostream.h for example. I don't think someone is  
> seriously suggesting to have iostream.h in C++0x!
>
> Paolo.

Sorry for coming late to the party (buried in the pre-meeting  
deadline frenzy).  Paolo represented me better than I could have done  
myself, and thanks Paolo! :-)

-Howard



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list