Weirdness with numeric_limits in new special functions

Ed Smith-Rowland 3dw4rd@verizon.net
Thu Jun 14 20:38:00 GMT 2007


Paolo Carlini wrote:
> Ed Smith-Rowland wrote:
>
>> I started working on this but then work flared up bug time.
>>
>> I think I can return to this a week from now or maybe during this week.
>
> Any news about this issue? If you do not expect to be able to work on 
> it, please let me know and I will.
>
> Thanks,
> Paolo.
>
Paolo,

I started on this and then changed my mind about the approach.
These functions obey a scaling law that allows you to scale the 
arguments up by a factor and scale the function by an inverse factor.
I'm going to deploy this solution.

I also need to dig out the asymptotic forms of Bessel functions.

We'll have these in for 4.3 delivery for sure (sooner actually)

On a side note, I started work on accounting for where tr1::regex is in 
the tr1 progress chart.
So unless someone else has done this I'll keep going on it.  It 
shouldn't take long and will help focus effort I think.

Ed



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list