[Patch] libstdc++/32907

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Fri Jul 27 12:48:00 GMT 2007


Hi,

the below is the minimal patch which I prepared and tested for this 
performance PR. Per the standard, in general the equality operator is 
required to simply return string::compare. However, as always, for 
non-user defined types we have leeway, because the user cannot provide 
is own specialization anyway (we are already exploiting that in many 
other places, of course). As regards the implementation details, Iknow 
we don't have many enable_ifs in user-visible code (we have some in 
cmath, for example, but here I can definitely do without, if people 
care), but I think this is an appropriate case, which also scales well 
if we want to extend the implementation to additional character types on 
the path to C++0x.

Tested x86-linux.

Paolo.

///////////////////
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: CL_32907
URL: <http://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/libstdc++/attachments/20070727/b724def7/attachment.ksh>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: patch_32907
URL: <http://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/libstdc++/attachments/20070727/b724def7/attachment-0001.ksh>


More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list