C99 _Complex and C++ complex<> interoperability.

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr@cs.tamu.edu
Mon Feb 26 17:55:00 GMT 2007


On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Joe Buck wrote:

| On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 07:43:19PM -0600, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > Ed Smith-Rowland <3dw4rd@verizon.net> writes:
| >
| > [...]
| >
| > | I was a little more surprised that C++ complex vars could take
| > | assignments from C99 complex and the C++ ctors could take C99 input.
| >
| > The latter is by conscious decision, the latter followed.
                                             ^^^^^^
s/latter/former/

| > But, I don't plan to go further, i.e. standardize.
|
| Doesn't matter.  Once users discover the feature, and once one or more
| widely-used programs use the feature, we will find it very difficult to
| take it out.

Well, you can always write a proposal and convince someone to champion
it and convince the standardization committee to bless it into C++0x.

I simply don't volunteer to do it.

-- Gaby



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list