gnu ld version check in libstdc++-v3/acinclude.m4

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Tue Feb 20 13:18:00 GMT 2007


On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 01:33:09PM +0100, Richard Guenther wrote:
> 
> It looks like binutils recently changed the formatting of it's version
> string with introducing --with-pkgversion.  This causes the configure
> check for symbol versioning to fail for libstdc++.
> 
> In particular we now have
> 
> > ld --version 
> GNU ld version (SUSE Linux) 2.17.50.20070219 20070219

That looks wrong... I think Andreas Schwab observed something similar
on binutils@ today.  How did the date get doubled?  Or is that a SuSE
local change?  It doesn't seem to happen for me.

GNU assembler 2.17.50 20070220


> !            sed -e 's/GNU ld version \([0-9.][0-9.]*\).*/\1/'`

> !            sed -e 's/GNU ld version \(([^(]*)\)\? \?\([0-9.][0-9.]*\).*/\2/'`

I guess you meant [^)], not [^(].  I think it's clearer if you move
the space inside the parentheses, too, so you only need one \?.

-- 
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list