Minimize <iosfwd>

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Mon Apr 9 21:12:00 GMT 2007

Hi Zack,

> The attached patch cuts <iosfwd> down to the absolute minumum - it
> declares nothing but what the standard says it declares plus a couple
> things that cannot be avoided.  (A few other headers may also be
> smaller.)

thanks a lot for your work. While I take a bit of sleep, I would ask you
to check the contents  of <bits/c++locale.h>, which I don't think can be
dropped so easily.

In general, for this kind of work, I recommend testing at least both
locale models (--enable-clocale=generic and gnu) on a gnu-linux machine,
no other special configury options, and, *important* remember to always
regtest *without* PCHs.

For something less obvious, tomorrow...

Thanks,