Patch to update libtool in GCC and binutils trees

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Thu Apr 5 22:54:00 GMT 2007

On Apr  5, 2007, Steve Ellcey <sje@cup.hp.com> wrote:

> Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> Actually, it passes it down in both cases, but I suppose libtool.m4
>> marks CXX and CXXFLAGS as "precious" environment variables (maybe it's
>> AC_PROG_CXX that does this, or libtool's wrapper thereof), such that
>> they get copied to the invocation command line.  This is probably what
>> breaks us if we don't override it properly for multi-libs.

> So how do I override it?

It seems to me that adding ${ml_config_env} to the end of the
${ml_recprog} command line in config-ml.in shoudl do it.  I.e.:

     if eval ${ml_config_env} ${ml_config_shell} ${ml_recprog} \
 	--with-multisubdir=${ml_dir} --with-multisrctop=${multisrctop} \
-	${ac_configure_args} ${ml_srcdiroption} ; then
+	${ac_configure_args} ${ml_config_env} ${ml_srcdiroption} ; then

I'm not sure I have already thanked you enough (or at all) for
undertaking this work.  Thank you thank you thank you :-)

Cheers,