Search algorithms in __gnu_cxx::

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Thu Sep 14 21:01:00 GMT 2006

Dhruv Matani wrote:
> Let me know if there is any problem, or if I can go ahead and make a
> patch.
Lots of problems ;) Besides trivial stylistic issues, __is_char which we
already have, and so on, frankly I don't like much where you say that
you are deviating from the real Boyer-Moore algorithm for simplicity: as
I tried to explain already, I'd rather start with a clean, neat,
implementation of the original algorithm or, as a second choice, of one
among the published, well known variants (many in the already mentioned
web page, for example). Otherwise, we cannot call the algorithm
Boyer-Moore, we have to analyze from scratch its complexity, convince
people that it always works correctly, and so on, and so on...