Fwd: A little patch submission

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Thu Sep 14 16:56:00 GMT 2006

lkeren@cs.technion.ac.il writes:

> I would like to submit a small patch to libcpp.
> This patch adds to C++ preprocessor the __COUNTER__ macro.
> The __COUNTER__ macro expands to an unsigned integer constant starting with 0
> and incrementing by 1 every time it is used in a compiland.
> It is supported by Microsoft compiler.

I don't think this patch handles pre-compiled headers correctly.  Also
I think some test cases would be appropriate.

(We have an internal patch for __COUNTER__ support which we plan to
submit when and if our copyright assignment is completed.  I don't say
this to discourage you from fixing your own patch.  If you modify your
patch to correctly handle PCH and documentation, then I think it
should be included when we go back to stage 1.)

Ian