Search algorithms in __gnu_cxx::

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Fri Sep 8 08:33:00 GMT 2006

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

>>I would rather prefer more iterators and a tad more consistency with
>>std::search. More like:
>>

>Ditto.

Nice. I'm also thinking that probably the design could be improved: as I
know this kind of algorithms the entire data set we are searching in has
to remain around, intact, and in therefore would have to be duplicated
and stuffed inside __bm_struct. That seems stupid, it's a lot of memory
and a lot of work. We have to find a way to always use iterators and
additionally keep on a side only the output of the preprocessing proper...