[v3] pch vs. anonymous namespaces

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Mon Sep 4 15:37:00 GMT 2006

Welp. It looks like the reason for c++/28871 is that anonymous
namespace usage in libstdc++ headers was making PCH files unusable.

This, despite -Winvalid-pch not telling me this...

This, despite -H showing the pch used...

UGH!!!!!

I only found this by using --disable-libstdcxx-pch and noticing that my
test times improved by 20 minutes. With this patch in, test times for
libstdc++ are now back to late july levels. (ie, 23 minutes vs. 57
minutes to 64 minutes on my laptop.)

I thought there was a bugzilla about this issue (which impacts boost,
or used to), but I cannot find it at the moment.

:(

-benjamin