[RFC] exports and linkage for TR1

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Mon Oct 16 10:55:00 GMT 2006

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

>Okay. I think we've reached consensus that waiting is best, and that
>the anonymous namespace hacks for linkage are the way to go for  now.

Benjamin, I'm not sure to understand here. I mean, I clearly remember a
few facilities in __detail namespaces changed to anonymous, which were
working fine before, as far as I can tell. Then, lately people are
pointing out that anonymous namespaces are not ok in headers (because,
for example, templates are not merged by the linker, roughly speaking).
Shouldn't we simply remove some of those anonymous namespaces?