RFC: testsuite utils

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Fri May 19 17:59:00 GMT 2006

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> libstdc++-v3/testsuite/util

That sounds good to me.  These facilities seem too special-purpose to go
at top level.

> I would also like to see the return of an actual library binary,
> instead of a growing collection of .o's. Any objections? Doesn't seem
> too controversial.

We need installed-compiler testing to continue to work.  That means that
the building of the library, like the building of the testsuite objects,
needs to be done from within DejaGNU, not from the Makefile at
library-build time.  So, you don't have libtool to help you with
building the library of testsuite functions.  If you can overcome that
difficulty, then I don't see any reason not to have an archive.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery