Testsuite patch to make cxa_atexit test available in gcc subdir

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Wed May 10 16:34:00 GMT 2006

> I would like to move the dg-require-cxa-atexit definition from the
> libstdc++ subdirectory to the gcc subdirectory so that it can be used by
> tests in the gcc/testsuite/g++ suites (specifically
> g++.old-deja/g++.other/init18.C).  The libstdc++ testsuite already gets
> other dg-require-* tests from the gcc subdir so there is no problem with
> the library testsuite continuing to use this check.  I also removed the
> definition of dg-require-iconv from the libstdc++ version of
> dg-options.exp while I was there because that function is also defined
> in the gcc subdirectory and libstdc++ can use that one instead of having
> a duplicate version.

Sounds great.

> 2006-05-09  Steve Ellcey  <sje@cup.hp.com>
>

> 	* libstdc++/testsuite/lib/libstdc++.exp (check_v3_target_cxa_atexit):
> 	Remove.
> 	* libstdc++/testsuite/lib/dg-options.exp (dg-require-iconv): Remove.
> 	(dg-require-cxa-atexit): Remove.

Please say on the ChangeLog that you are moving to toplevel, not removing.

> 2006-05-09  Steve Ellcey  <sje@cup.hp.com>
>

> 	* lib/target-supports-dg.exp (dg-require-cxa-atexit): New.
> 	* lib/target-supports.dg (check_v3_target_cxa_atexit): New.

I think, for consistency with the other things in this file, this
procedure's name should be changed from

check_v3_target_cxa_atexit

check_cxa_atexit_available

I realize this will force mechanical mods to some libstdc++ tests.
These are pre-approved.

-benjamin