using atomic builtins

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Mon Jun 26 18:04:00 GMT 2006

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

>Hey all!
>
>I've been reviewing some of the excellent work that Phillip is doing
>for summer of code.
>
>As part of that, I'm reviewing:
>http://mulliard.homelinux.org/~phillip/code/soc/patches/shared_ptr.patch
>
>However, when I try to build/test with this patch on various i686 flavors, I get:
>undefined reference to "__sync_bool_compare_and_swap_4".

Eh! Isn't this the usual, extremely boring these days if you ask me,
issue that by default we are still targeting i386?!? Indeed, adding
'-march=i686' to the command line works for me... Sadly, I don't think
we are going to change the default i?86 target... otherwise so many
things would be so easy... ;)