[v3] libstdc++/28671

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Thu Aug 31 18:05:00 GMT 2006

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

>This removes inlined helper function definitions from atomicity.h,
>restoring the behavior present in 3.2-4.1 libstdc++.

Why this heavy hand? Only because of the x86 quirks we are penalizing
everything else and now we have to reopen libstdc++/24692.

If we change the test for _GLIBCXX_ATOMIC_BUILTINS to be smarter (in
particular, it can simply be skipped whenever that target provides an
implementation of the atomic functions) then we can fix the issue in a
better way.