[Patch] libstdc++/23875

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Wed Sep 14 23:54:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

the below fixes the problem described in the PR. As expected, together
with consistency with istream and, at minimum, an higher QoI, comes more
redundancy in the code. This is not a new issue, however: I believe that
all the arithmetic inserters and extractors can delegate the work to a
templatized _M_insert (_M_extract, respectively), in complete analogy
with the num_put::do_put and num_get::do_get facilities; only, now,
after fixing some bugs, the issue becomes much more evident.
Unfortunately, that nice clean-up seems not suited for 4.1.0 and I plan
to explore it later, probably will file a DR about it to be sure (if
people insist maybe for 4.1.1... ;)

Tested x86-linux.

Paolo.