Symbol versioning disabled on linux?!?
Paolo Carlini
pcarlini@suse.de
Sat Oct 29 00:42:00 GMT 2005
Paolo Carlini wrote:
>configure:87431: WARNING: === Linker version 0 is too old for
>configure:87433: WARNING: === full symbol versioning support in this release of GCC.
>configure:87435: WARNING: === You would need to upgrade your binutils to version
>configure:87437: WARNING: === 21400 or later and rebuild GCC.
>configure:87439: WARNING: === Symbol versioning will be disabled.
>
>Ideas?
>
>
Ok, sorry Andrew (and Richard), I figured out what is going wrong and is
unrelated to your patches: I have now installed coreutils 5.2.1 and the
use of 'head' which we are making here, in acinclude.m4:
# Start by getting the version number. I think the libtool test already
# does some of this, but throws away the result.
changequote(,)
ldver=`$LD --version 2>/dev/null | head -1 | \
sed -e 's/GNU ld version \([0-9.][0-9.]*\).*/\1/'`
triggers an error:
head: `-1' option is obsolete; use `-n 1'
Try `head --help' for more information.
I think the issue is known, but I don't remember the outcome... Someone
remembers?
Paolo.
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list