lazy facet instantiation

Howard Hinnant hhinnant@apple.com
Tue Nov 15 20:44:00 GMT 2005


On Nov 15, 2005, at 3:40 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:

> Looking forward, I
> hope the idea can be implemented in the presence of caching,  
> without too
> much additional complexity...

I need to learn more about how we currently implement it.  I've spent  
only an hour getting a cursory glance at the code and still don't  
even know what is where.

> And without breaking binary compatibility?

Unknown for now.

> For the next ideas for enhancements you come up with, I would suggest
> trying to figure out by and large whether in principle can be
> implemented in a binary compatible way, or not, and adding that  
> info to
> Bugzilla.

<nod>  I'm lacking history.  I'm half expecting responses like:   
Yeah, we discussed that in-depth 3 years ago and it won't work for us  
because of X.

-Howard



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list