LSB 3.0 compliance of libstdc++.so.6 independent of allocator?

Matthias Klose doko@cs.tu-berlin.de
Fri Nov 11 11:07:00 GMT 2005

Running the C++ tests of the lsb testsuite results in identical
results for a libstdc++ configured with the standard allocator and one
configured with the mt allocator.  Building libraries like arts with
these different configurations results in incompatible libraries (the
ones using the libstdc++ with the default allocator missing various
mt_alloc symbols).  I.e. on the Debian unstable distribution, in total
about 450 packages define mt_alloc related symbols or reference them
(about 1700 packages depending on libstdc++  in total).

- Is this behaviour intended?

- I cannot find a comment, how a particular implementation
  (i.e. libstdc++ from the GCC source) has to be configured to allow
  LSB compliance.  AFAIK every Linux distribution configures GCC using
  --enable-__cxa_atexit although it's not the upstream default.  At
  least two distributions (Fedora until July 2005 and Debian)
  configure libstdc++ using --enable-libstdcxx-allocator=mt.

Matthias