Call for compiler help/advice: atomic builtins for v3

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Mon Nov 7 10:14:00 GMT 2005

Richard Henderson wrote:

>On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 09:03:08AM +0100, Richard Guenther wrote:
>

>>... but still does not support changing the decision at application
>>compile-time.
>>

>Correct.  And I don't think we should support that.  It makes
>hellish work for us, supporting a feature that users won't use
>correctly.

Certainly, someone has to write the out-of-line versions of the various
atomic operations, for the various machines, either for libgcc or for
libstdc++-v3 ;) But probably you consider that the easy part, the
difficult part making sure that the whole framework is robust.