Inconsistency regarding PCH

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Fri May 20 19:28:00 GMT 2005

bkoz wrote:
> Hey Mark.
>
> A couple quick comments.
>
> 1) In the build directories, there is a bits/stdc++.h that is a file,
> and a bits/stdc++.h.gch directory. In installed directories, there is
> just the directory with the PCH files. Just making sure you realize
> this so that your solution works as expected for both cases (build and
> install).

Huh, thanks for pointing that out.  In either case, "-include
bits/stdc++.h" seems to work -- but I'm not sure if it's doing the same
thing.  Is that indeed the right thing?  Or, perhaps I should ask a
different question: what's the recommended way to pull in the PCH for an
ordinary user using the compiler after it's been installed?

> 2) Please use a new flag, say CXXFLAGS_PCH or whatever, so that it can
> be overriden manually, or explicitly turned off without hacking the
> dejagnu framework.

OK.  This isn't currently possible, without the work I'm doing, but I
can add this feature while I'm there.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC