libstdc++-v3 check-abi Summary

Greg Schafer gschafer@zip.com.au
Fri May 20 03:17:00 GMT 2005

Hi

This is only a minor point, but I've just noticed that we no longer see for
example:

                === libstdc++-v3 check-abi Summary ===

# of added symbols:              11
# of missing symbols:            0
# of incompatible symbols:       0

in the test result summaries. I believe it happened as a result of this
change:

which was backported to the 3.4 branch recently.

Of course, there should be an indication in the summary if the check fails
completely. Note also that the numbers do appear within the testsuite log.
So...

Do the numbers provide anything noteworthy to developers and/or users?
Do we care if the numbers don't appear in the test summaries?

Thanks
Greg