PATCH: dg-require-{fork,mkfifo} for V3 testsuite

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Tue May 10 22:46:00 GMT 2005

Janis Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 04:11:57PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>
>>This patch adds dg-require-fork and dg-require-mkfifo to the generic
>>GCC test infrastructure, and then uses it in the V3 testsuite, instead
>>of using "try_mkfifo" and blindly calling "fork", even on systems that
>>don't support it.
>>
>>OK to commit V3 bits?  Janis, any objections to GCC bits?
>

> I'm still catching up after being away from mail for most of last week.
>
> It's more flexible to use "dg-require-effective-target fork" than
> dg-require-fork, since then the effective-target keyword "fork" can be
> used in a selector expression with other effective-target keywords or
> target triplets.  Until someone needs that capability, though, it's
> fine.

I didn't know how general this effective-target stuff was becoming;
that's very cool.  I'm going to (lazily!) leave the current version
alone until/unless you ask me to fix it -- but if you do ask me, I'll be
happy to do it.

Thanks!

--
Mark Mitchell