Replace fork with try_fork in testsuite?

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Thu May 5 18:02:00 GMT 2005

Mark Mitchell wrote:

> I think the locale work is more than I want to commit to at this
> point, but I would be happy to give hints.  Let's see what I can come
> up with for fork/fifo, and then we'll go from there.

Certainly. If that's better, as I'm sure it is, we have time to complete
the transition to this new "philosophy": the more I consider the issue,
the more I think that what we are doing now with try_* doesn't really
make sense, it's only easier to implement.