Replace fork with try_fork in testsuite?

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Thu May 5 09:10:00 GMT 2005

Mark Mitchell wrote:

> At present, the testsuite has some unguarded calls to "fork", which
> result in spurious failures on non-POSIX systems (including
> simulators).  We've solved this problem for FIFOs by using
> "try_mkfifo", which either calls "mkfifo" or just exits.  I would like
> to implement the same solution for "fork", replacing all calls to
> "fork" with calls to "try_fork".
>
> Would that be acceptable?

I cannot see why not. Maybe you want also to have a look to
libstdc++/19781 (talking of try_mkfifo and mkfifo: maybe we can do better)?

Paolo.

P.S.: and don't forget 20451 ;) ... seems very easily fixable in the new
framework, right?